The Glass Stone

OBSIDIAN STONE 


THE EXPERIENCE
A vitreous, shining, and translucent glass was what I saw. I was a little bit confused, and immediately I called him a scam. He tried to make me understand that it was a stone, yet all that was coming to my mind was that he was intending to dupe me. He left and came back with a bigger glass stone, it was this time u started thinking otherwise. This time I was already considering having a second look.
“where you see dis” in pidgin English ….meaning, where did you get this from?…… He told me "Oga na stone” meaning, Boss it's a stone. At this junction, I was forced to ask him where he got it. He replied "We dey work and we jam am” meaning we were working and we came across this stone. 

 THE DESCRIPTION
This smooth,  and glassy stone is called Obsidian (Glass Stone). Obsidian is a volcanic rock formed from lava that extruded from a volcano that cools rapidly to form a minimal crystal. The translucent, and vitreous stone can be found in felsic lava rich in Potassium, Sodium, and Silicon. From this description, it means the glass stone can be seen majorly in Pegmatite comprising orthoclase, plagioclase, quartz, and mica. 
This stone comes in different colors depending on the metallic coloration that took place during formation. It is mostly in black, sometimes green or brown, rarely orange, yellow, red, or blue. 
USES
It can be used as surgical knife. Research shows that an Obsidian incision produces fewer inflammatory cells and fewer granulation tissues. This also is a contentious subject. 
So next time you come across this stone ….please do not ignore it, you might be on your way to making wealth. 

Thanks.

Comments