Scheelite Ore


I was fortunate to have seen this ore. I was to  see some of my friends and along the way saw these set of people working by the river .....so I decided to engage them .... I was told they were working on wolframite (An ore of tungsten).....I decided to take a look to see for. ...to my greatest surprise I was shocked at what they called Wolframite.....

What they were working on was nothing close to Wolframite.... Although they were not wrong, I discovered they were working on SCHEELITE...

SCHEELITE is also an ore of tungsten...but on this case it is a calcium tungstate of CaWO4...the inclusion of the calcium states the reason why the tungsten was not like the usual black metallic wolframite that is made up of ferrous and manganous tungstate. 

It can be used for alloy steel and electric light filament.

Comments