REPTILE OR RUTILE

 

Rutile sand


I saw these boys along a creek carrying gold. Of course after the washing of these materials by panning, they eventually came across this material which they have been throwing away....to them it's not useful, all because the concentrate(Au) has been recovered. I took a careful sample to the laboratory for analysis. I was dumbed founded at what my quest gave me. RUTILE SAND. The analysis completely gave about 65% of TiO2. Let us give ourself a little lesson here. What is RUTILE SAND?

Rutile sand is mineral primarily composed of titanium dioxide TiO2. Rutile is the most common natural form of TiO2, predominantly used as a raw material for chloride titanium dioxide pigment manufactures . 

Rutile sand

This brown to black fine particles and abrasive mineral obtained from sand, insoluble in water used for hardening steels, for welding and in ceramics i.e industrial metallurgical process in preparation of certain fluxes and alloys. Also a source of titanium di oxide for the production of steel.

Now I have this material in abundance without doing a single work...eh! wish me best of luck

Comments